Craft stampers, card maker of the year award 2010

Craft stampers, card maker of the year award 2010
Craft stampers, card maker of the year award 2010

zaterdag 1 april 2023

New challenge at Lost Coast Designs/Carmens veranda, Rock or popup card.

Hello all,
Today a very nice challenge starts at Lost Coast Designs/Carmens Veranda stamps.
A rocker or popup card.
Gail, our team leader always knows how to provide us with fun challenges.
I had never made a card like this myself, but I really enjoyed doing it.
This is what I used to make this popup card.
Lost Coast Designs stamps:

Distressink
Scattered straw,
Musterd seed,
Wild honey.
Stazon Timber brown,
Die of a flower,
Water based markers,
Brown Bister-ink or watercolor paint to splatter.
 Dutch doobadoo stencil chicken wire.
Brown waterprook fineliner.


I started by making some stains on the paper with Scattered straw and
Musterd seed with water on a smooth work surface.
I did two piece, one for the front of the card and one for the inside of the card.
With a stencil, I used Dutch doobadoo stencil chicken wire.
And a brush I applied Distressink Wild honey.
Now we take the Brush strokes sheet and take the stamp with the big dots.
You stamp this here and there with Distressink wild honey.
Set it aside to dry.
Make the flower with your die.
I have an open die.
So I made a blank square of paper underneath.
I sponged this with the yellow distressink.
And made splashes with the brown bistre.
I did the same on the card bases I made earlier.
Sponge the die cut with yellow and orange distressink.
With foam tape you now stick the flower on the background so that it is slightly raised.
Glue to the front of the card.
Now we stamp a lot of bees and one big bee from the
 "more bugs"sheet with the Stazon timber brown.
Color the bees and cut them out.
See for yourself where you have the bees placed on the card.
I also pasted a small piece of foam tape under these wings.
It looks like they're flying away.
Now for the popup mechanism.
Since it was my first time, I used Sam Calcott's method.
She explains in this video how to make it.
You do need to customize it for your own card.
But it's about the technique for the popup.
Stamp a few more texts on a yellow sponged strip of paper
with the Party words and misk words.
Create a frame around the text with a brown waterproof fineliner.
Finish the card and mat with brown paper.

I hope you enjoyed it and the team would love to see your popup or rocker card join the challenge.
And maybe your card will be chosen as the winner and you will win stamps of your choice.



Joining challenges,













 

9 opmerkingen:

  1. Een prachtige kaart waar ik "happy" van word hihi. Leuk dat je ons stap voor stap meeneemt en dank je wel voor de link voor het pop-up gedeelte.
    Lieve groetjes Miranda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. πŸ’›πŸπŸ’›this!! Your background is spectacular! I saw this at the SSS Wednesday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I host a new challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. It is an anything goes inspired by a theme park. Your cute bee reminds me of the Busy Bees Ride at Dollywood, TN, USA. I invite you to come join the fun! Have a creative weekend. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/. Cheers, Makira

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautiful 😍 love this! Hugs Rachel x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thank you for sharing with us! Cheers, Makira

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Fabulous card! Love the background and the whole design! Thank you for joining the April challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hello Riet, Welcome to the Butterfly challenge. I have not had Bees enter before but then why not! Your card is lovely and you explained the pop up element perfectly. Thankyou for coming and playing in the garden with me. Hope to see you again. Hugs Mrs A.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Schitterende kaart Riet! Als altijd heel mooi kleurgebruik. En wat is die pop-up schitterend! Liefs Hannie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Gorgeous card and the pop-up element is a great detail! Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Gorgeous arty creation! Thanks so much for joining in our Sweet Stampin' Use Dies and/or Punches challenge. LOVE what you did for it. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen