Craft stampers, card maker of the year award 2010

Craft stampers, card maker of the year award 2010
Craft stampers, card maker of the year award 2010

maandag 15 februari 2021

# 116 Lost Coast Designs "Winged things" challenge.

 Hi there, this is a interesting challenge.
Winged things could be enything. 
A angel, a fairy or a insect.
And a lot more.
I chose for the winged girl, love her so much.
I made a wallhanger, I had the flower embellishments for ages.
So I thought I would use them in this wallhanger.
And this is how I made it.

What you need:
The winged girl stamp.
Distress ink, old paper, vintage photo and frayed burlap.
Stazon Black
Americana deep burgundy acrylic paint.
Something to color the winged girl, I used watercolor based markers.
But you can use any coloring medium you like.
3 kinds of design papers
corrugated cardboard
Some dark brown bister to water down.
Nuvo aqua shimmer, glitter gloss
ribbon, lace and pearls
paper flower embellishments.
Border punch
Bister natural


And this is how I made it.
I started with the designpaper with the music notes.
 I had to make it look older.
I did that with an ink blender tool and distress ink old paper.
With the brown paint I made some splashes on the paper.
Now for the second layer you smuch the corrugated cardboard 
with the frayed burlap and vintage photo.
 Paint some of the Americana Burgundy on the corrugated cardboard.
Not every where, keep some spots the natural color.
Now repeat the distressink.


Now for the 3 layer.
Because I was going for the vintage look I made a lace border with the punch.
This I did on the bottum and top of the design paper.
With a blending tool and Frayed burlap I smuched the borders and sides of the paper.


Now the last layer.
 I tore the edges of the paper and with a distresstool I ruffeld them a bit.
Now you take the bister natural and a little jar.
water down the bister and with a paintbrush you paint the edges.

Now its time to stamp and color the winged girl.
As you see on the picture my first lady was with orange and yellow wings.
But I did not like that, so I changed that later on.
Color the girl and as you see I use all kinds of brands markers,
I dont care about the brand, but i do care about the color.
I always want my colors to match well, and I think thats more importend then the brand.

When you are done with the coloring we can put everything together.
You can do like I did, but you also can do what you like yourself.
As a final touch I give the winged lady some glitters on her wings with the nuvo aqua shimmer.
Hope you liked it and have fun with creating your wallhanger.

Dont forget to show us your lovely crations on the challenge blog.
And maybe your are the next winner of some new stamps.






 

1 opmerking: