Craft stampers, card maker of the year award 2010

Craft stampers, card maker of the year award 2010
Craft stampers, card maker of the year award 2010

zaterdag 1 mei 2021

Lost Coast Designs challenge 121, Mailart


 Hi, today I have a tutorial for the mailart challenge from Lost Coast Designs.
As this is my first mailart ever, I started with a postmark.
Years ago I bought a envelope with al kinds of postage stamps.
And yes, I was lucky.
I found a stamp with a chimpanzee.
And I could combine it with the three monkeys stamp.

This is what I used:
 Stencils
Distress Oxide:
Scattered straw,
Speckled egg,
Shabby shutters,
Peeled paint.
Ground espresso.
Masking tape.
Markers or color pencils.
Brown fineliner.
Stazon Timber brown.

And this is how I made the envelope.
I started with an envelope template and cut the envelope.
I tore a piece of masking tape to tape off the address portion.
And started sponging with the 4 colors, but not the ground espresso.
When I was done with that I sprayed some water on it, to make it a bit more interesting.


With the ground espresso I made some circles with a stencil.
And I sponge some around the masking tape and where the stamp will be.


When I removed the masking tape, I found the address spot to be very white. 
So I sponged some yellow distress there. 
But that is of course to everyone's own taste.
I stuck the masking tape back on its place.
With the ground espresso and a stencil,
 I sponged a bit more around the stamp spot and the address spot.
Now remove the masking tape,
and draw a fineline round the adress space.
Stamp the three monkeys on a thin paper with Stazon Timber brown. 
Color them and cut them out. 
Glue the monkeys and the stamp in place.
And now you are done.

I hope you liked it.
The team would really appreciate it if you let your work participate in the challenge. 
You can also win rubber stamps. So that's a bonus.
Please read the rules first.







2 opmerkingen:

  1. This is gorgeous Riet, a wonderful combo of stamping and stencilling, and how lucky to have that postage stamp! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, Sue xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is brilliant, Riet. Thank you for your comment at Instagram. I entered the Lost Coast Challenge.

    Have a wonderful Sunday

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen